Thursday, March 3, 2011

What's The Secret To A Speedy Drive-Thru?

REFLECTION


Due to the fact that sometime, I prefer waiting in a drive-thru line than getting out of the car & walking in any fast-food restaurant, I found this article interesting to read. It pretty much gave the basic key factors on making every customer's drive-thru experience a positive, fast one. In this article, Keith Solomon, who is the owner of NEF#1 LLC/Popeyes, who came up with an ideal to make drive-thru experiences more profitable & faster. Therefore, he came up with a challenge for many drive-thru businesses to see which restaurant are able to assist customer's the fastest through their drive-thru. Now that meant for these businesses, fastest time, fewer mistakes. However, the challenge/contest was to last four consecutive weeks, in which at the end of those weeks, the manager of that restaurant would win a cash price as well as the employees. It was not much but it gave a drive to the employees to do a great job & assist their customers as quickly & helpful as possible. At the end of the challenge, the main factor that made the "secret" to a speedy drive-thru, was on how the technologies worked for these restaurants (less mistakes made, better & quicker service) & also the employees (better, dedicated staff, great service).




SUMMARY


I actually admire on what this article spoke about due to the fact that I related to my daily experience in drive-thru & also my work ethic. The Popeyes owner gave his franchisees a challenge for their restaurant to see which drive-thru works the fastest. Once that was determine, a good cash reward was giving out to the manager & the employees. This form of reward gave the company more dedication to achieve their owner's goal & as well please the customers who come through drive-thru. I know I have good & bad experiences with drive-thru. I sure hate slow drive-thru; therefore, the quicker I'm in a drive-thru, the better it is. I would always come back to that restaurant if the drive-thru work within my need. In addition to that, I also related this article to my hotel job. The quicker we are able to check-in a guest on a busy day/night, the easier things may function and the guests are able to be patient since the check-in process will not take that long. Everything works well when customers are satisfied & employees put the effort to make sure the customer stay satisfied.







Solomon, Keith. Hospitality Technology. (2011, March 3). What's the Secret to a Speedy Drive-thru?. Posted March 1, 2011, from HospitalityTechnology.edgl.com: http://hospitalitytechnology.edgl.com/top-stories/What-s-the-Secret-to-a-Speedy-Drive-thru-70953

No comments:

Post a Comment